4 Expert Tips for Choosing An Indoor Exercise Bike
Looking to buy an indoor exercise bike, but don’t know where to start?
The right recumbent bike for your home gym can help you achieve your fitness goals. Maybe you’ve read some of our reviews, but you’d still like to make sure you’ve covered your bases.
There’s a lot that goes into choosing the right piece of equipment, and you want to make sure the investment you’re making will be worth it.
Here are 4 expert tips for choosing your indoor exercise bike:
Consider Available Space
Unfortunately, it’s pretty common for people to pick the perfect recumbent bike, only to find that they don’t have enough space in their home or facility for the equipment.
The models in the store carry them away from one of the most important factors- space. To ensure this doesn’t happen to you, be sure to:
- Measure the ideal space you’ll need for your recumbent bike. Make sure to leave room around it!
- Look at the measurements of the bikes as you shop
There would be nothing worse than to get your recumbent bike home and find that you have to reorganize your home or return the bike due to a lack of space. Plan accordingly!
If you’re short on space, it might not be a bad idea to go for a foldable indoor exercise bike. While some of the bigger bikes may be more comfortable, you’ll be able to store your foldable bike in between sessions!
Consider Your Budget
The truth is, indoor exercise bikes range in price drastically. Be sure to determine a budget before you begin shopping around. Basic models start at $100, but you can easily spend more than $1,000 on your recumbent bike.
Features, size, technology, and comfort of the bike all come into play when you start looking at the prices.
Here’s a comprehensive guide that lists out features for bikes ranging from $100 to more than $1,000.
Consider Your Fitness Goals
One way to help you the right bike for you (and the right price), is to decide what you’ll use the bike for.
Will you use it a few times per week before work, or will your recumbent bike become a major part of your training or fitness regimen?
Do you need all of the features that come with the expensive recumbent bikes? Or could you get away with just the basics?
Decide Which Features You Need- And Which You Don’t
The features on your bike will drive the price up more than anything else. It’s important to know what your bike comes with, and if that will meet your needs.
Features to consider include:
- Comfort- The most important
- Size– Space matters, but also consider how big the bike is for who will be using it. If you are a larger person, you may not be comfortable on a smaller recumbent bike.
- Resistance Levels- How many levels of resistance do you need? You should factor in your current level of fitness as well as your fitness goals. Will 8 levels be enough, or will you need more so you can continue to progress?
- Technology- How many program workouts and settings are programmed into the bike? Can you use Bluetooth or connect your wifi to the bike and download more?
- Warranty– Most bikes come with a 2-3 year warranty, but be sure to know how long it is and the extent of the warranty. If you’ll be using the bike frequently, you want to make sure it’s covered!
You can start perusing features by looking through some of these guides about the best recumbent bikes in 2017.
The Scoop On Indoor Exercise Bikes
The right recumbent bike is an investment towards a healthier you.
Be sure to consider your available space, your budget, your fitness goals, and the features you may need. While this will take some effort on your part, it will pay off when you bring home the perfect piece of equipment.
You can find guides, reviews, and tips on the right recumbent bikes on our website, or contact us with questions.